No announcement yet.

Bad Romance with Hyper-V and NVIDIA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Romance with Hyper-V and NVIDIA

Hello Supporter

First of all i want to thanks daniel petri about knowledge base, i'm student in Hi-Tech College , Israel. in course MCITP 2008 Extreme.

I'm installed Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise with nVidia 8500GT Card Latest Driver.

all work perfect with high resolution until i add role of Hyper-V.
    after restart, the OS crush with BSOD! Due to this stop error happening in nvlddmkm.sys.

the Hyper-v work just if i change the driver to STANDARD VGA but i loss resolution and all run slowly.

someone has an idea how to solve this ? i make a search about this problem over the internet and i'm not found solution to fix this situation

thanks about :help: ...

Liran Yzhak
    Last edited by liranyz; 4th May 2010, 23:14.

Re: Bad Romance with Hyper-V and NVIDIA

run your 2008 R2 server using "core" mode. In this way, you won't need as much resourcing to run the actual services, and allow more for the guests.
    also because it's core, running it in standard vga won't matter
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Bad Romance with Hyper-V and NVIDIA

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      run your 2008 R2 server using "core" mode
      Well, being a trainer for MCITP myself, I assume that the machine with Hyper-V installed also is used as a day-to-day home computer, so CORE is not an option. In the few courses I had so far, there was only one student that could afford a low-end server to build at home the studying environment.
      Anyway, not much of a solution, but at least I found an explanation here:

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.