Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper Child loose network after Cluster failover - help?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper Child loose network after Cluster failover - help?!

Hi.

I a relative HtyperV novice - help!

I've a (Hyper-V) Virtual Machines Failover cluster using 2 identical DL380 G5s and a HP MSA2012i SAN.

OSs are Win Server 2008 Stnd x64.

When Guest VMs failover they loose their network connectivity and I have to change Guest Settings and reassign 'Childs Virtual Network' to the Guest's Network Adapter.

(Then annoying my Child Citrix IMA needs restarting to make it talk across the Citrix farm. Grggghhhh.)

So the Guests failover but loose their network - useless! I must be doing something wrong as this can not be the behaviour-by-design?!

Childs Virtual Networks are identical Parent host NICs: Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE.

Please could somebody help me configure this so the Childs network survives Cluster failover.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Neil

Re: Hyper Child loose network after Cluster failover - help?!

you need to make sure you have the exact same virtual network configuration on each server...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

As a side note - you should strongly consider to upgrade the hosts to R2, your life will be easier (although it won't be the solution to your specific issue - for that, do what tehcamel told you).
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I was right ? it was an off-the-cuff guess, based on something my colleague told me in my last job..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          you need to make sure you have the exact same virtual network configuration on each server...
          In addition to the virtual net settings, make sure your physical VLAN configuration, DHCP pools and whatnot are identical as well.

-vP

Comment

Working...
          X