No announcement yet.

Time sync in child partition runs permanently every few seconds

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time sync in child partition runs permanently every few seconds

I have problems with time synchronization in child partition with the host. The host is running Win Server 2008 R2 64-bit, the guest is Windows Server 2008 Std 32-bit. Both are fully patched, integration services installed, the guest is set NOT to synchronize with an Internet time server.

The guest is repeatedly synchronizing time roughly ten times every minute, but sometimes three times a second. The security log contains events id=4616 (The system time was changed) and the system log contains events id=1 (The system time has changed to xxx from yyy.)

When I uncheck the Time synchronization from the offered integration services, there are no more events generated in the security or system logs. But when the time sync integration service is turned off, the clock on the guest gets very quickly way off (e.g. it's two hours off in 45 minutes).

I am not sure, but there might be a problem with the integration services on this guest. Whenever I insert the integration services setup disk, the guest says there is an older version of the integration services and the update finishes ok. Next time when the setup disk is inserted, the system again detects an older version. I tried to uninstall the integration services (E:\support\x86\setup /uninstall) but it seems the /uninstall option is not supported.

There is yet another guest running on this host (it is a Windows Web Server 2008 R2 64-bit) and there are no problems with the time sync on this guest.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.