Any way to Install USB Printer in Hyper-V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to Install USB Printer in Hyper-V

Can anyone tell me how to install a USB Printer (HP Laserjet) in HYPER-V? I've tried but no good. It sees the printer and recognizes it as the default.
    thanks in advance. It would great to prin out errors and data.

Re: Any way to Install USB Printer in Hyper-V

I would search for USB over Ethernet products.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Might give this open source one a go: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbip/
      Still in the early stages of the development but worth a go since it's free.
      There are also other hardware options.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I thought this would be an issue when I first started Hyper-V, but I now think it's only difficult if you're running Hyper-V Server (i.e. the cut down GUI-less and free version). If you're running Server 2008 with Hyper-V the you can install the printer in the parent partition ( i.e. the hosting instance of Server 2008 ) and share it.
        For printers this is almost never a problem so long as drivers for 2008 are available, but scanners and all-in-one devices would be different.

If you truly need to control the USB port from the client OS, then USB-over-ethernet is the only way. And the sourceforge project requires a Linux host (at the moment) although it does have a beta Windows client. Not a solution for us Hyper-V'ers!

For commercial USB-over-Ethernet take a look at fabulatech.com.

Comment

Working...
        X