Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter

In Hyper-V I created a VM with Windows 2008 Server R2 and promoted it to a
    domain controller, Dns & DHCP. I demoted the domain controller and removed DNS & DHCP but in the networking & sharing center The "Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter" is still there. Can I DELETE this adapter? I want to start over again and create DC with a different config and no old data hanging around.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Hyper-V Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter

I am not certain I quite understood your post...
    You created a VM. Promoted it to DC. Now you want it wiped out and start all over again? With a fresh new VM? Or on the same one?
    Is this a new forest\domain, or was this DC part of an existing domain?
    A screenshot with the adapter you're talking about will be quite usefull...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: Hyper-V Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter

Sorry for the confusion. I have create a sandbox to learn 208 server r2 and hyper-v. I created a VM with 2008 r2 ( promoted it to a domain controller)as the guest. I want to create an External network connection so I can get to my other pcs and the internet. I am having problems configuring it correctly so I wanted to ( and did already) delete the vm bus network adapter. I have recreate my VM again and ran dcpromo to make it a domain controller. What settings do I need check/uncheck in the properties of the VM bus adapter to connect to the internet?
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X