Hyper-v Exchange config?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-v Exchange config?

Hi to all.
    I'm Alex, I'm MCSE and I own a company that give system admin support to customers. Recently I've a big problem on an exchange 2007 and I'm not able to solve by myself. I've tried quite all. I need expert help.
    The situation is this. Domain controller 2008 srv x64, with hyper-v.
    Exchange 2007 on virtual machine on the same server with dedicated network card and another 2008 srv as sysop. All works fine, domain join, exchange installation, sp2 installation. After reboot I configure a smtp connetor for going out using smarthost, i set my mailbox. And..the transport service at the sending of the first 2-3 messages stops to go. And never restart! Stay started for 3-5 seconds and stops by itself. I've tried to reinstall the whole situation. Same behaviour. Any ideas? I've noticed that is dipendent from AD Topology..maybe a dns problem with the DC? I've tried also to pur DC name in host file...if someone can help..thank you boys..i MUST use exchange virtualized...maibe i wrong configure dns..
    A desperate MCSE.

Re: Hyper-v Exchange config?

Double post reported. Maybe you should read the forum rules...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Gareth - give the guy a break, he's desperate for help.

Alex - when a service stops it's unusual to not log at least something, either in the event log or in a services-specific log file. Especially standard M$ services, they're usually pretty good. Has anythign been logged in any of the windoes logs?

The point is that the same post has been made in the Exchange section so answers may get lost between this one and the other

As the issue appears to be Exchange and not HyperV, this thread will be merged with the other one when a mod or admin gets around to it

Please dont post more in this thread
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I don't have the needed permissions to merge the threads. We'll wait for an Admin to do it.
          This thread is closed, all replies should be posted in this one.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.