X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning Multiple Interfaces to a Virtual Machine

I have a similar problem that is mentioned in the following forum post:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=33603

Essentially, I have a OS application called Untangle that I would like to virtualize using Hyper-V. It requires two network interfaces for an External and Internal connection. I, however, can't seem to find out how you can assign a virtual machine two seperate interfaces...only one. This is a Linux distribution which, technically, isn't supported in Hyper-V but I figure I would at least give it a go and see if it installs (using ISO media). I have two physical network interfaces, now I just need to find a way to assign them to the virtual machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Assigning Multiple Interfaces to a Virtual Machine

What is the problem with assigning two NICs to one VM?
    Run Hyper-V manager, open the VM's settings, first line is "Add new hardware", click on it, choose "Network Adapter" and now you'll have two adapters in one VM...
    You will need to set (in the Virtual Network Manager) one virtual adapter for the external network and another one for the internal one. Then set the two adapters in the VM for each of those virtual adapters ...
    That should do it...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      What is the problem with assigning two NICs to one VM?
      Run Hyper-V manager, open the VM's settings, first line is "Add new hardware", click on it, choose "Network Adapter" and now you'll have two adapters in one VM...
      You will need to set (in the Virtual Network Manager) one virtual adapter for the external network and another one for the internal one. Then set the two adapters in the VM for each of those virtual adapters ...
      That should do it...
      Must have been a serious brain fart on my part. It seems so obvious now that you make mention of it. Thank you for the response.

Comment

It happens to us all, so don't be too harsh on yourself...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X