No announcement yet.

Hyper-V Corrupted?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V Corrupted?

running 2008 Std x64

last week had to reboot due to windows updates.
    Then we noticed some services were not running on the network that are hosted on a virtual machine in Hyper-V.
    Hyper-V had lost the VM completely so I tried accessing the VHD with winimage.

The VHD was split into 2 partitions with windows 2000 on the first and all my data on the 2nd.
    When I loaded the VHD into winimage it had only 1 partition, the first. (C: )

I tried to attach the VHD to a new VM and it looked good until it said setup is being restarted.

I am at a loss here because I have only just found out that the symantec system recovery has not been backing up the disk properly.
    Last edited by biggles77; 24th January 2009, 16:39. Reason: Fix the C:) smilie

Re: Hyper-V Corrupted?

First of all, what is your question?
    Second: I did not see anywhere on the WinImage documentation that is compatible with Hyper-V image disks. Only VirtualPC and Virtual Server. It should be OK, but who knows?
    Third: from what I saw, WinImage works with fixed disks. Was your disk Fixed size?
    Fourth: after you rebbot the new VM, do you still see only what was previously the C:\ partition?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.