Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI Tape drives in Hyper V environment

Hi

Is there any way possible so that a Hyper V VM will see an internal scsi ultrium tape drive so that i can use the latest version of backup exec small business with sbs 2008, i have years of old archive data so need to be able to restore it plus want message level restore?

Thak You

Re: SCSI Tape drives in Hyper V environment

Hello,

I've the same question (with Arcserve).
    On other forum, somebody told me to search solution with iSCSI (but he hasn't tested it).
    I haven't got time to investigate, perharps the next week. If I find solution, I will post here informations.

Best regards.

Christophe

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry but at this time, I could'nt test and I haven't found new informations...

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by kevinhsieh
        The only way you can access the tape drive from the guest is if you can access it via iSCSI.

You can only access disk resources, keyboard, mouse, video, network, serial and I think parallel ports from the host. SCSI devices (not disk), USB devices, firewire, and other hardware is not available to your guest.

You will need to use the tape drive with the host only. SCSI to iSCSI bridges cost from around $600 to $5000. See http://www.attostore.com/iscsibridge...#ipbridge1500d

What he said http://www.experts-exchange.co/OS/Mi..._23856274.html
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X