Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper V IDE Controllers

Hi

Hyper V Server (Standalone product) has only two virtual IDE controllers so can i create say 4 server 2008 virtual machines only if i only have two ide controlers with two channels each not to mention the dvd drive which has to be attached via an ide channel.

I though the limit was 192 VM's how do i make more than the four can i create more ide controllers?

Thanks

Re: Hyper V IDE Controllers

I got it two channels created every time a new vm is installed

DOH !!

If i create a scsi virtual HD and attach it to a VM do I need to install a drive for the VM to see it in disk management?

Comment

Originally posted by Senan View Post
      If i create a scsi virtual HD and attach it to a VM do I need to install a drive for the VM to see it in disk management?
      What do you mean by "install a drive"?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

sorry i sorted it, i ment to say driver but u dont i found out thanks for ur reply mate

Comment

Working...
        X