Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtualization and Security: What Does It Mean for Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualization and Security: What Does It Mean for Me?

"Virtualization is the Next Big Thing, and certainly you've at least examined it and probably are using several virtualized servers already. How are you handling the security of your images? How are you securing the guest and host operating systems, and the applications you're running? Virtualization raises certain unique security requirements, and provides some interesting security capabilities, too. Join us as we explore the interesting aspects of virtualization and security."

http://www.microsoft.com/emea/teched...lt.aspx?vid=43
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Virtualization and Security: What Does It Mean for Me?

Great video!
    Though it got stuck at the last 05:45, right after the big question: how do you patch VMs?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      Great video!
      Though it got stuck at the last 05:45, right after the big question: how do you patch VMs?

The VM's in Hyper-V run exactly like a normal server, which means they can and will work with WSUS.

I currently run a Hyper-V setup and they behave just like a physical machine in respects to patching and updating.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well, thank you for the information. But this is not what I meant.
        I was talking about offline patching of Virtual Machines, this is indeed the true challenge (and can become easily the Achilles' heel). I know Microsoft released a product for that and I hoped to hear something in that lecture. From what I heard, it doesn't such a good work ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Here is the Offline Patching Tool in MS Technet blog you are referring to, not having used it myself I can't offer any comment on it.

Comment

Thank you.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
            X