Hyper-V installation changes Host Nic 100Mbps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V installation changes Host Nic 100Mbps

I have a DL380G5 Server running Win2K8 Full Enterpris. The two NC373i NIC connect to a switch at 1Gps. However, after installation of the Hyper-V, the NIC is changed to 100MBps and will not negotiate the speed.

All NICs drivers are up to date.

IF I uninstall Hyper-V, the NIC automatically connects back to 1Gbps.

Any help appreciated

Re: Hyper-V installation changes Host Nic 100Mbps

K, I found out that I had to use THREE NICS . 1 for the host, the second for the Virtual Server and the third for "Management" Don't know how to mamange or why? Any help ?

Comment

Re: Hyper-V installation changes Host Nic 100Mbps

Originally posted by momboznz View Post
      K, I found out that I had to use THREE NICS . 1 for the host, the second for the Virtual Server and the third for "Management" Don't know how to mamange or why? Any help ?
      The best practice is to have one different NICs for the host, one for every virtual machine and one for managing the virtual environment. But all depends on your specific set-up, needs and resources.
      Why managing? A virtual environment needs to be managed. Virtual Machines need to be started and stopped, updated, taken care of. Unlike what once was known as Tamagotchi, it's not supposed to die on you at the end. If you have only one host, you may escape from managing the VE (virtual environment) remotely, but when the host number raises...
      Anyway, I don't see at the moment if the two things are connected.

In reply to your first post:
      Are the two NICs teamed together? How are they defined? Each of them has its IP?
      Can you please post a screenshot of the Virtual Network Manager?
      BTW, what version of Windows Server 2008 are you running? I understand that "Full" means it is not Core, but which one ?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X