ESXi and Hyper-V installation videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESXi and Hyper-V installation videos

A series of videos is being produced demonstrating the installation and configuration steps of VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V.

The first two videos have already been released:
    1. Installation and configuration of the hypervisor
    2. Installation and configuration of iSCSI storage

http://blogs.vmware.com/virtualreali...s-hyper-v.html

I am willfully cross posting this in both the VMware and Microsoft virtualization forums in the hopes that the moderators will forgive me and understand that this post is relevant to both products.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Re: ESXi and Hyper-V installation videos

Great info, thanks Jason!
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: ESXi and Hyper-V installation videos

Nice gimmick, although I have some problems with the concept... Beside VMWare's slapping back at Microsoft and seeing the installation process, there is not much value in the comparison itself.
      Comparing ESXi with ServerCore + Hyper-V it's not the right thing. They should have waited for the Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 . And I am not certain the author quotes Microsoft right, especially when he talks about ServerCore and "the Windows you know" in the same sentence.
      But this has nothing to do with the link itself, so ThumbsUp, Jason ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X