Hyper-V beta - Is it working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V beta - Is it working?

I just downloaded the latest CTP 6001 with Hyper-V.
    After installing, I added the Hyper-V role, nothing else.
    However, I found that the Virtual Machine Management Service will not start. As a result, I can't get anything else to work.

Has anyone else had any success yet?

Re: Hyper-V beta - Is it working?

Do you have the right hardware for it?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I fixed it.
      Yes, I had the right hardware. If the hardware is not correct, the system will tell you, and will not install.

I found out that you must NOT change the locale away from English (US). Otherwise, the installation will finish, but the services will not start, and nothing will work.

After a reformat, and another install using English (US), everything worked.

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi all,

I thought to recommend you read the Hyper-V guide at http://www.virtualizationteam.com before trying to set it up on your own and get stuck.

They had scripted a step by step guide for installing, configuring, & using MS Hyper-V. I have followed it in our installation for our testing enviornment and the installation was really easy. The MS Hyper-V 5 parts series are linked to below. Check it out and hope that will get you there easily just as I were able to do it first time.

Intro: Introduction to Microsoft Windows 2008 Hyper-V RTM & Our Discovery Trip.

Part one: Microsoft Windows 2008 Hyper-V RTM Installation

Part Two: MS Hyper-V Virtual Networks Configuration & Hyper-V Server settings.

Part Three: MS Hyper-V Virtual Machine Creation.l

Part Four: MS Hyper-V Virtual Machine Settings.

Part Five: Microsoft Hyper-V Snapshots Technology.

Bonus: Install SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 & Component Integration for Linux on Hyper-V

Hope that get you there.

Enjoy,
          Susan
          http://www.itcomparison.com

Comment

Pretty good links for those who don't know that blog yet. Thanks Susan.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X