Hyper-V CPU requirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-V CPU requirement

downloaded the evaluation edition and tried to run it on the dell 745 with intel core 2 duo cpu. in the bios there was no option selection hardware-assisted virtualization.....

but i thought all intel core 2 duo support such technology???

Re: Hyper-V CPU requirement

Well not all core 2 duo's do, do you doooo me doodod? LOL

Too many dooo's in that.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Note: there are also lots of machines with CPUs that DO support VT, but the motherboard/BIOS DOESN'T so check carefully before you buy.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by hidepenny View Post
        downloaded the evaluation edition and tried to run it on the dell 745 with intel core 2 duo cpu. in the bios there was no option selection hardware-assisted virtualization.....

but i thought all intel core 2 duo support such technology???
        AFAIK not all do. However, I used to work for Dell and I would not be surprised if this feature has not yet made it's way into the custom BIOSes that Dell use. The same board and CPU combo with a "standard" bios on it may well work, I've seen a few odd faults around relating to BIOS revisions.

I haven't tried it myself but a friend of mine told me you can use CPU-z to check if your chip/board support Hardware Assisted Virtualisation.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X