No announcement yet.

Wireless Devices and Active Directory!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Devices and Active Directory!

I have two wifi networks (production and guest). With the guest wifi is meant that every (non domain member) wireless devices have access to but with the production wifi is intended that only domain member have access.

With guest wifi you can only use Internet nothing more. How do I get theese things done? Have someone give suggestions where on the Internet I can find manuals and such regarding this issue?

Re: Wireless Devices and Active Directory!

What is your infrastructure like? Do you have anything in place at the moment?

What i would do is implement access points into your network and set them up with the relevant information for your Production network and your guest network.

How you achieve this will depend on your budget.

Also this is not an Active Directory related problem so it should be moved.

Comment

What I want to do or try to do is that when I join an wireless computer (at the time wired) to Active Directory it would automatically connect the to wireless network without typing any password key. Is it possible?

Comment

Do you have a wireless infrastructure at this time?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../gg266419.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ken76 View Post
          What I want to do or try to do is that when I join an wireless computer (at the time wired) to Active Directory it would automatically connect the to wireless network without typing any password key. Is it possible?
          You can deploy Wireless configurations via Group Policy, so that should satisfy this requirement
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X