Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password reset disk for 2012

Hi ,

We have windows server 2012 and Hyper-V role is installed .

Now , I want to create a password reset disc , as same as we can create in 2008 server but I am unable to find the option in 2012.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

I found option to reset the password with out a disk after making some google search

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...=winserver8gen

So , is it possible to create a password reset disc for 2012 server or i need to follow the same technique in a link...

Thanks...

Re: password reset disk for 2012

If you have a way that doesn't require a disk, why on earth would you want a disk?

Check out Windows 8 methods as they will generally apply to Server 2012 as well
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply...

I already tried windows 8 option but its not working with 2012...so I really wonder , if the disk option is there or not or microsoft has withdraw that option since 2012 release...

Comment

As far as I am aware you cannot do this on a domain controller because there are no local accounts. I think the password reset disk option is only available for local accounts.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi ,

Actually , My server has 2 account , one is local administrator account for that system and another is a domain administrator account , which I am mostly use to login..

So , Is it possible to create a disk for local administrator password for windows 2012 server...

as this link is quite dangerous , as if someone have physical access to my server he can start breaking the administrator password...So is there a way that , I can stop that process without my own password ...

thanks..

Comment

If someone has physical access to your Server then it doesn't matter how strong/secure your password is, your Server password SHALL be bypassed irrespective of any different credentials you may have on it.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi ,

So , its confirmed that windows 2012 has no feature like , password reset disk...is it true ?

Also , from the given link , can we even reset the domain administrator password or only a local administrator password...

Thanks...

Comment

Simple question that requires just one (a single) word answer.

Did you even bother to Google the question about "how to create a Windows Server 2012 password reset disk"?

Yes.......

or

No........

Pick an answer. To make it easier I have already created the answer selection. Just copy and paste and include the full stops, periods, decimal points or dots (I have no idea what you would call them).

For anyone else reading this, it took less than 30 seconds to find the answer on a non English Google URL.

https://www.google.co.in/#q=how+to+create+a+Windows+Server+2012+password+re set+disk
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  ... For anyone else reading this, it took less than 30 seconds to find the answer on a non English Google URL.

https://www.google.co.in/#q=how+to+create+a+Windows+Server+2012+password+re set+disk
                  Thanks - I'd not seen the Kieran Lane link before. Before this question had been asked I'd not really considered checking how to reset an admin password on 2012.
                  A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi ,

This options are not available in Windows Server 2012...

The options are not same as windows 8

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
                      Hi ,

Actually , My server has 2 account , one is local administrator account for that system and another is a domain administrator account , which I am mostly use to login..

So , Is it possible to create a disk for local administrator password for windows 2012 server...

as this link is quite dangerous , as if someone have physical access to my server he can start breaking the administrator password...So is there a way that , I can stop that process without my own password ...

thanks..
                      So you have a domain based system but not a local administrator password system?

We have the same local administrator password on ALL member servers. This is known only to select members of the organization.

Comment

Hi ,

We are using one physical server , windows 2012 Hyper - V is installed in it. Also our DC is inside the Hyper-V as VM and My windows 2012 Hyper -V is joined to a domain...

So will it be possible to create a password reset disk in this case...

Is it really possible to create a disk even for a local administrator...or that concept itself is not available...

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
                          Hi ,

We are using one physical server , windows 2012 Hyper - V is installed in it. Also our DC is inside the Hyper-V as VM and My windows 2012 Hyper -V is joined to a domain...

So will it be possible to create a password reset disk in this case...

Is it really possible to create a disk even for a local administrator...or that concept itself is not available...
                          Is this system a domain member?

Comment

Hi ,

Yes...that system is also a domain member...

Comment

If this server is a domain member then why do you require a password reset disk?

IMHO all local Administrator accounts on a member server should be disabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X