Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Access Configuration

Hi ,

We are using Windows Server 2012, Hyper V is installed.

Now , We create one virtual machine and configured the direct access component.
    We do have a domain name called " abc.local " , and that is not directly accessible from the public side such as abc.com .

This virtual machine server for DA , is having a single Ethernet card , So I configured the option called edge with single lan card..and provide my public address in configuration.

Now, my question is , how can i connect to a direct access from my home using a same laptop which is a part of my company domain. I do have 2 laptop , windows 7 and Windows 8 both..please provide me steps for both OS...

Thanks

Re: Direct Access Configuration

Hi ,
    Do i need to download the client from this site ,or my laptop will directly connect to my corporate network once I am connecting from outside the LAN.

Do I need to follow some steps..please help..
    Thanks

Comment

Using my good friend Mr, there are numerous step by step tutorials. Pick one, follow it, test the result and then come back

Alternatively ask someone with some IT knowledge to do it for you
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply...

I have done the google research , and install the Direct Access role on the server ...Now I want to configure direct access on the client side ...

So , if someone can provide me the steps to connect from the client side.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
          Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply...

I have done the google research , and install the Direct Access role on the server ...Now I want to configure direct access on the client side ...

So , if someone can provide me the steps to connect from the client side.

Thanks...
          I refer you to the answer to another of your posts, also to which has many links to configuring Direct Access Clients. The TechNet blog looks exactly what you are wanting
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply...

Here are the steps I follow.

1. Create a group in AD and add those accounts
            2. Create a DNS record for isatrap
            3. create a GPO for windows firewall settings
            4. Install Direct access role on server
            5. Select 3 option , edge with single network adaptor.
            6. complete the wizard...
            7. try to connect from the notebook outside the lan

its not connecting to my work network...

Now , I have a question , which I am unable to found on a google.

We do have a static IP from ISP , Now , we are running this direct access server as virtual machine inside the Hyper-V with a single LAN card in this vm.

Do I need to enable some NAT rules on , port forwarding on my router , which ports do i need to open to connect my LAN from outside.

Also , My local domain name is abc.local and my website is abc.com , will this be fine..and if yes..which DNS Record I need to create on those specific client computers or in DNS Manager page from hosting service provider

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
              Now , I have a question , which I am unable to found on a google.
              Obviously you use a different as approximately 30 seconds work resulted in https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=di...4AQ&gws_rd=ssl

The very first post mentions port 443
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply...

Actually , my internal domain is abc.local and outside domain is abc.com , in that case , if i am making a NAT Port forwarding rule on port 443 , will this be helpful or do i need to create a separate DNS Record on my DNS manager webpage and create and additional entry for my local domain and map it with the public ip ?

Comment

I have not read the link fully, but this discusses Direct Access with split-brain DNS and should answer your questions.

If not, I suggest you get a consultant in to do the job, or get some more training yourself, as clearly your IT skills are not very well aligned with the tasks you are undertaking.
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Working...
                  X