Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2012 Scan Folder

Hi,

I recently installed Windows Server 2012. As I connected my HP LaserJet 700 to scan to to a folder in Windows Server. I get an error. I installed File Server in Windows Server 2012 and shared the scan folder.

I don't know why it still doesn't work.

Thanks
    Ragam

Re: Windows Server 2012 Scan Folder

Do you get any errors on the scanner?
    Anything in event logs?

Most likely cause (but not enough information to really say) is that the scanner doesn't have permissions to write to the folder
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ossian. I get an error on scanner side saying 'Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct.'. Yes it seems like permission error how can i troubleshoot it?

Comment

Well, assuming you have correctly entered the shared folder name (normally in the form \\servername\sharename but please check your scanner documentation for details), does the scanner allow you to put in a username (in the form DOMAIN\user and password), and have you added the same user to both the NTFS and share permissions on the folder?

Actually, taking a step back, have you changed the default share permissions (Everyone -- read) to something that allows writing to the shared folder?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We had an issue where our network printer would not save scanned documents to a share on our 2008 server. I had set up a 'scan' account and had given it full control over both Share and Security permissions but the device could not save it. I ended up using the administrator account. The service engineer who helped to install the printer was with me when doing this and he was completely baffled why it would not work. So, try a different account and see if that makes a difference.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi guys

I've had this on several occasions with server2012 and on each time it's been because the scanner device didn't support the SMB 3 protocol. You can either turn off SMB signing (not recommended) or preferably update the firmware on the scanner device.

Good luck

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X