Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 VMs pause if 1 other runs overnight...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 VMs pause if 1 other runs overnight...?

Hi all,

Attached is a screenshot of my virtual machines. I only recently created the "Test PC" VM as a way to test SCCM rollouts.

What I have noticed is that if I leave the "Test PC" running when I leave work, the following VMs all enter the "Paused" State:

Rectrak
    NTBillerica
    TOB-Rectrak2
    TOB-File01

This is causing all sorts of hell... No other VMs are affected, and if I don't leave Test PC running, there is no issue. But every time, if it's running, those 4 VMs will pause. Not sure how many hours pass before they do, but they always do.

HUH?

Help! Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: 4 VMs pause if 1 other runs overnight...?

nothing in the HyperV-VMMS operations log, or any of the other HV logs ?
    It feels like host congestion, but then your guests are spread across 3 hosts by the look of it, and there's no specific commonality..

is there maybe disk backend that only those devices share?
    are backups kicking in somewhere ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Camel. I am VERY new and green to HV. Where are these logs? I can look.

Yes, 3 hosts in a cluster. Truth be told, there should be MORE than enough resources so I can't figure why this is happening. Host servers are 1 year-old monsters with 96GB RAM each.

Could be VEEAM backups, I suppose? I will also check on the shared storage. That may be a commonality.

Comment

logs shouild be in Event Viewer - just expand down beyond the normal app/sys/sec features and they keep on going
        it's under "hyperv-mms" or something similar
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Turns out the shared volume was running out of room as the VM was being built, and that was pausing the others. Moved some storage around; all set. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the solution WB. Most appreciated.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X