Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failover clustering in Server 2012 R2

hello,

I am working with Windows Server 2012 R2 failover clustering as I'm planning to test SQL Server 2012 clustering feature and I do have a question. I am setting up an iscsi disk for the shared storage but I'm not sure where to create the disk. I do have a domain controller in my lab. All servers are running on HyperV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Re: Failover clustering in Server 2012 R2

iscsi disk gets created on the shared backend storage device, whatever it may be
    you then mak sure each of the servers in the cluster has an iscsi connection to the diskstore
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

thank you, appreciate your response

Comment

Originally posted by salim71 View Post
        hello,

I am working with Windows Server 2012 R2 failover clustering as I'm planning to test SQL Server 2012 clustering feature and I do have a question. I am setting up an iscsi disk for the shared storage but I'm not sure where to create the disk. I do have a domain controller in my lab. All servers are running on HyperV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
        am getting a bit desperate, I have reviewed event viewer, dcdiag, looking on the internet for the same problem, and so forth, no luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by karabill View Post
          am getting a bit desperate, I have reviewed event viewer, dcdiag, looking on the internet for the same problem, and so forth, no luck so far.
          Do you have a storage backend that is configured with iSCSI??

If not then why are you wanting an iSCSI disk??

http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/a...rver-2012.aspx

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...72676100,d.ZGU

Comment

hi,
            thanks for your reply. No, I don't have any storage backend. I am trying to use storage pool and iscsi target feature in server 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by salim71 View Post
              hi,
              thanks for your reply. No, I don't have any storage backend. I am trying to use storage pool and iscsi target feature in server 2012.
              Did you follow the first link I posted??

Comment

checking it now, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Keep in mind that you now also have SQL Always On for SQL Server 2012, which depending on your requirements, may be suitable. We use it for HA and redundancy within and between datacenters though doesn't have shared storage.

Comment

Working...
                  X