Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO Operation

Hello Team,

Has anyone running into this issue? I have a system Even ID 153 keep barking at me regarding "The IO operation at logical block address xxx for Disk 1 was retried.

I have been digging around, but I don't think its related to my OS disk, which is Disk 0.

This is a VMware server 2012.
    I also found a Harddisk1 shortcut on c:\windows\temp\. I wonder if this is what its barking about.

So there are three event id that always barking at the same time

EventID 20: "Connection to the target was lost. The initiator will attempt to retry the connection"

EvenID 10: "Login request failed. The login response packet is given in the drump data"

EvenID 153: The IO operation at logical block address xxx for Disk 1 was retried

See the attachment.
    Attached Files

Re: IO Operation

This is a VMware server 2012.
    There's no such thing as WMware Server 2012. Do you mean that you're running Windows Server 2012 on one of VMware's virtualization products? If so, how about giving us some details on the hardware, network and the VMware product you're running on the host server.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      There's no such thing as WMware Server 2012. Do you mean that you're running Windows Server 2012 on one of VMware's virtualization products? If so, how about giving us some details on the hardware, network and the VMware product you're running on the host server.
      It's a typo. Guest OS is Win2k12. The host is vSphere5.1
      On the guest OS, the system event logs keep barking every hour regarding Event 20, 10, 140 and 153.

I'm suspecting it has something to do with the Windows temp file that containing harddisk1 shortcut.

I temporary backup that temp folder and see if the system eventlog still generating regarding those event id.

Usually anything in Windows\temp is safe to delete but I just want to take extra caution.

Thanks,
      HN

Comment

Originally posted by Humannetwork View Post
        EventID 20: "Connection to the target was lost. The initiator will attempt to retry the connection"

EvenID 10: "Login request failed. The login response packet is given in the drump data"
        The Windows iSCSI initiator is trying to reconnect to an iSCSI volume, but is unable to log in to the target.

To get rid of the message, delete the unavailable target from the iSCSI Initiator console (in Administrative Tools).

Comment

Working...
        X