No announcement yet.

Windows 2012R2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, takes 20 minutes to complete 'stopping' state

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2012R2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, takes 20 minutes to complete 'stopping' state

Hello,

I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 as a Hyper V client, although I don't often reboot my VMs (I would have to check if other VMs exhibit this behavior), whenever I 'reboot, shutdown, or turn off'. It takes approximately 20+ minutes to complete the process. I am fully up2date including drivers. I've read a few articles, there is a hotfix KB2823643 that doesn't appear to apply to my version of Windows Server. I am not quite sure how to diagnose this issue? It's a nuisance when you are doing administrative work and have to wait 60 minutes (in total) for each reboot process to complete.

Regards,
    Horace

Re: Windows 2012R2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, takes 20 minutes to complete 'stopping' state

Originally posted by lhorace View Post
    Hello,

I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 as a Hyper V client, although I don't often reboot my VMs (I would have to check if other VMs exhibit this behavior), whenever I 'reboot, shutdown, or turn off'. It takes approximately 20+ minutes to complete the process. I am fully up2date including drivers. I've read a few articles, there is a hotfix KB2823643 that doesn't appear to apply to my version of Windows Server. I am not quite sure how to diagnose this issue? It's a nuisance when you are doing administrative work and have to wait 60 minutes (in total) for each reboot process to complete.

Regards,
    Horace
    Try switching the NIC to a legacy NIC and retry.

Comment

Re: Windows 2012R2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, takes 20 minutes to complete 'stopping' state

Thanks wullieb1,

I will try that and get back to you. Also, someone had mentioned to me that Routing and Remote Access may also interfere with the process. So I will try that first.

Regards,

Horace

Comment

Hello,

Yes, removing RRAS did solve the issue for me and awkwardly after some Googl'ing. It's a bit odd I didn't fall on this issue before http : // serverfault dot com/questions/532161/routing-and-remote-access-preventing-hyper-v-vm-shutdown.

Regards,
        Horace
        Last edited by lhorace; 29th May 2014, 16:07. Reason: Minor

Comment

Working...
        X