Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Task Scheduler The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Scheduler The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

I just cannot get batch files of powershell scripts to run as tasks to run on Server 2012.

The task needs to run whether or not the user is logged on.

The account is a member of the local admins and had FC rights to the folder where the task resides.

I am using a test task to test with which is called

c:\temp\TestTask.CMD

and it had one line that does the following

echo %date% %time% >> c:\temp\TestTask.txt

No matter what I do i.e. add path to Start in field, run with highest privileges, etc.. I get the error

The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

I have disabled UAC

The account is set to 'Logon as Batch job' in secpol.msc

When I just double click the CMD it works and if I right click / Run in Task Scheduler it also works.

It does not work when it triggers based on time.

I have been creating Windows scheduled tasks for 15 years and have never had issues like this before. Seems like I can recreate problem on other servers too in the domain.

Please HELP!

The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

Re: Task Scheduler The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

Hi, not sure if this will fix your issue, but worth a try.
    in the Conditions tab of the task’s properties, simply uncheck the first option in Power

http://hmemcpy.com/2012/10/fixing-a-...st-0x800710e0/
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: Task Scheduler The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

Thanks - I tried that and it did not help.

I have a case open with Microsoft so post an update when I know more.

Comment

Working...
      X