• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System idle process high cpu usage on 2012 server

Hi

I have a 2012 server and its running a sql app
    also it is a Domain controller / AD / File Server /

but till yesterday the clients delay to long time to connect the server and the system its very slow ..
    than uninstall antivirus and restart the server but still slow
    after chek the perfomance tab the cpu usage its to high.
    in the process tab the system idle process its to high ( 80 90 % ) ... !! and I don't know why?

its any one know about it !!!

Thanks in advanced !!

Re: System idle process high cpu usage on 2012 server

I have seen this on client OSes when there are updates pending and the PC goes into overdrive (see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-10eff88a3e2d for example - I know its XP, but also hits Server - http://forum.parallels.com/showthrea...PU-svchost-exe)

Given yesterday is just after Microsoft released this months patches, I wonder if there is a connection....

[Edit - re-read your post and you have high system idle, not high svchost, but it is still worth checking]
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

high cpu usage on 2012 server

After the lunch I chek the system and it is working good right know
      and the system idle still the same .. so wired -- I don't know Why !! ?

Comment

do you have any Idea to how check the server and see which latest updates affected on the server ?
        thnks +

Comment

Originally posted by sterencj View Post
          do you have any Idea to how check the server and see which latest updates affected on the server ?
          thnks +
          System Idle is exactly that. System Idle.

What you are seeing is the fact that the server is idle and using no CPU threads. Basically nothing is running so the System is Idle.

Ignore it. I'm currently on a Win 7 box and my System Idle is around 70-80%

Comment

Working...
          X