Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO's not applying: inaccessable

Hello all,

We recently migrated from SBS2003 to Server 2012 Standard and we are having issues with GPO's applying on machines and users. We have a mix of Win 7 and XP, not too concerned about XP machines as they are being replaced. We are a school and behind a state firewall.

I will attach a GP results page for a admin account and a locked down student account.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by prestone08; 11th April 2014, 14:09.

Re: GPO's not applying: inaccessable

That's not necessarily a problem. If you have User or Computer configuration settings disabled on those GPO's then they'll show up as inaccessible under Denied GPOs under User or Computer Configuration Summary in GPRESULTS. Depending on the purpose of the GPO (User or Computer settings being configured) this is perfectly normal and accepted.

For instance, I have a GPO that configures settings under Computer Configuration. I disable User configuration settings so that User settings don't have to be parsed when applying the GPO. Now if I run GPRESULTS this GPO will show as inaccessible under Denied GPOs under User Configuration Summary in GPRESULTS. This is expected because User Configuration Settings are disabled in the GPO.

So, take a look at those GPO's to see if you have User or Computer configuration settings disabled.

Comment

So, I have checked all of the active GPO's we only have about 15-20 total and they are all enabled, How do I know what GPO's are the ones that don't have names, just numbers. You can see the example in the attached photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

I just ran a Group policy model and im getting "AD / SYSVOL Version Mismatch" under some GPO's in the summary.

Comment

Each GPO has a GUID. The GUID is the character string you're seeing in GPRESULTS. If you select each GPO and click the Details tab you'll see the GUID listed as the Unique ID. That's how you can identify the GPO's in question.

Comment

Ok, thank you, so the GPO's that are listed as inaccessible are also the same ones that show ad/sysvol mismatch in GPO modeling.

The main issue im having is that 2 software packages are not deploying to the machines.

Comment

Working...
            X