Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permission problems for user in admin group

Hi

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 with 2 accounts, built in administrator and one other user that belongs to the user Group and the administrator Group. If I as built in administrator create a txt file and the try to change the text in that txt file as the other user that also belongs to the administrator Group (and user), I cannot change the content of that txt file. Is this really beacuse I also belong to the users Group that currently does not have modify access for that file?

I wonder beacuse I have the same setup on a Win 2008 Server, and there I don't have this issue.

Re: permission problems for user in admin group

look in that text file security property, do you see the "user group" have at lease modified rights? if not add it.

It is the file permission issue itself.

Comment

Hi

Yes that worked, but is this specific to Windows 2012 since I don't have this issue in Win 2008?

Comment

Don't forget that using an account with administrative rights does not confer the same privileges as when using the Administrator account. Also, they are separate accounts and each has their own rights.

When creating documents for any group of users you need to ensure that the groups have appropriate permissions to access the folders and then you also need to make sure that they have appropriate access to the data itself.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by magmo View Post
          Hi

Yes that worked, but is this specific to Windows 2012 since I don't have this issue in Win 2008?
          Windows 2k12 and 2k8. Security permission has not change. They are still using the same method of applying access security.

My speculation is, the folder you saved your file in. The box was unchecked "Included inheritable permissions from this object's parent". Therfore when you save a file in that folder. Not all permission is inheritated from root folder.

As was Blood mentioned. You need to make sure in each folder have a proper security setting apply to them.

HN

Comment

Allright, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X