Remove user from existing Group Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove user from existing Group Policy

My user name on our network is a Domain Admin.

I was trying to create all the folders as specified in the Folder redirection on the Group Policy.
    As a Domain Admin the group Policy was never in effect for me.
    So, I demoted my user name to a regular user (removed from Domain Admins) so that the Group Policy would go into effect and create the folders specified by the Group Policy for the Terminal Server.
    Once the folder redirection took effect and created the Folders I logged out.

Then I re-added my user name to the Domain Admins group.
    Now, the Group Policy is still in effect and I can't do anything on the Terminal Server that a Domain Admin can do.

How do I remove the Group Policy that is in effect from my user name?

Re: Remove user from existing Group Policy

Delete your local profile on that box and log back in to create a new one.

In the future, I'd advise creating a test account for things like this instead of using your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertmax View Post
      Delete your local profile on that box and log back in to create a new one.

In the future, I'd advise creating a test account for things like this instead of using your own.

Yep, lesson learned.

So i deleted my profile from the Terminal Server and all the redirected folders on the file server.

This did not remove me from the Group Policy. It recreated all my redirected folders.

Comment

Ostensibly, if being a Domain Admin was preventing you from applying that policy, it still should be. Double-check the ACL of the policy to see to whom all it is applied. Double-check the group memberships of your own account. You can also run the GPresults wizard in GPM against your username to see how it is still being applied.

It's understandable that you would see desktop restrictions stay in place, because some of that is stored in the local profile. So, if it's not profile-related, the above should be your next step.

Comment

Try this on your terminal server
          HKLM->SOftware->Microsoft->Windows NT->Current Version->ProfileList
          Find your profile key then delete it.
          Reboot the terminal server.
          Logon as a different Admin account
          Delete your old profile in DriveLetter:\Users\ folder.
          Now logon as your admin account...
          This should fix it...

*Please take extra caution when you are modify reg keys.

Comment

force policy update on the server ?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X