X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port forwarding

Hi,
    I would like to know if is it possible to do it:
    I have a server with NAT. My provider open all ports on this server with 1 PUBLIC IP. I don't have a Router, but I use two network adapters in order to do work internet on my network.
    I would like that if for example my ip address is 1.1.1.1 and my server internal address is 192.168.1.1 (with 192.168.1.* C class), if I use remote desktop connection from extranet and connect to 1.1.1.1 i would like to redirect to another pc in my network, with internal address 192.168.1.2, if for example i go to 1.1.1.1 from my browser (port 80) i use iis installed on another server with address 192.168.1.3, if I connect with rdp to 1.1.1.1:3391 I would like to redirect to pc 192.168.1.5, if i connect to ftp I would like to redirect to 192.168.1.6 (port 21).
    Is it possible? What do I do on my server with ip address 192.168.1.1?
    Thank you

Re: Port forwarding

I don't think you can do this using the Windows firewall as that will simply control which ports are allowed into/out of the server, so you are restricted to just the one IP address - the IP address of your server.

Your easiest option would seem to be to buy a router that will allow you to achieve port forwarding, and which will also allow you to specify a destination address inside your network.

It also gives you an extra layer of defence and control before Internet traffic hits your network.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Is it not possibile to use Access Remote Routing or netsh or windows hosts file?

Comment

That's beyond my experience. I have always used a dedicated router to direct traffic to an appropriate server on our network. I only use RRAS for VPN connections. The Windows Hosts file is usually used to control address resolution from the host machine, it can not, as far as I am aware, control incoming traffic.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

you MIGHT be able to acheive with NPS.
          However, like Blood said - strongly recommend a router.

You don't necessarily need a Cisco router.
          Dependent on your internet connection, you could use a draytek, or any number of other brands
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X