Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2012 : group policy replication issue

Hi,

We have a new domain installed, with 2 AD's, both on vmware but seperate hosts. We are experiencing some GP problems. When we open up the GPO and check the status of a policy replication, it always displays a fail (see screenshot AD1 & AD2).

The strange thing is that when we create a user on AD1 it is replicated to AD2 and vice versa.
    Attached Files

Re: Win2012 : group policy replication issue

Both pictures show the same info, that AD2 always has the replication 'in progress'. It appears something isn't working as expected on that box.

Try restarting that DC first. If the situation doesn't clear up, run 'repladmin' from a command prompt. This tool will help you diagnose issues with replication. Have a look at 'http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770963.aspx' to find out more detail about the tool.

Report back with some results if they appear confusing.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

hi there
      sorry for late reply, but i was out concerning some health problems.

i reinstalled a new virtual server and added it as a member, but i get the same message on the Status section in Group POlicy Management: Inaccessible.

I've tried forcing the replication, but it didn't help.
      repadmin doesn't show any problems:

C:\Users\Administrator.DIGI>repadmin /syncall

CALLBACK MESSAGE: The following replication is in progress:
      From: c5be0e69-a61e-4103-a040-7720766ea3d2._msdcs.digi.local
      To : b55dc73f-9487-476b-a8ac-51268ab5e556._msdcs.digi.local

CALLBACK MESSAGE: The following replication completed successfully:
      From: c5be0e69-a61e-4103-a040-7720766ea3d2._msdcs.digi.local
      To : b55dc73f-9487-476b-a8ac-51268ab5e556._msdcs.digi.local

CALLBACK MESSAGE: SyncAll Finished.

SyncAll terminated with no errors.

Comment

i just found out that on my 2 new servers, the folder SYSVOL is not shared
        hope this helps

Comment

Server 2012 uses DFRS by default, so I'd say something's not right there. One simple thing to check: verify the DNS settings on each NIC on each DC. If any entries are pointing to 127.0.0.1, change that ip to the server's own (it's a DNS server as well as a DC, right?)

SYSVOL is supposed to be shared from each DC, so that any DC can answer a read request for those contents. If you have issues with 2 DCs not replicating correctly, adding another DC will only make things worse. Have a read at this link, discovered thru , which gives you some explanation about DFRS and how to troubleshoot it: http://windowsitpro.com/windows-serv...ol-replication.

Let us know what you find.
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X