• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User unable to change password

When our user's password's expire OR
    I create a new user and require that the password change on first login
    There is no place to change the password. It simply says:
    Remote Desktop Disconnected
    You must change your password before logging in the first time. Please contact your system administrator.

I've searched all over the internet and have not found solution for Win 2012 R2 Terminal Server.

Our layout:
    - fat clients (Xp thru win 7)
    - WYSE Thin Clients

Any suggestions?

Re: User unable to change password

try this: (it says for 2008, but still_

Hi,

Please change your security layer to RDP and see if it resolves the issue. To do this, click start--run--tsconfig.msc, double-click RDP-Tcp, change security layer to RDP Security Layer, click ok, then test.

Thanks.

-TP
    or this one, from Puryear IT
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      try this: (it says for 2008, but still_

Hi,

Please change your security layer to RDP and see if it resolves the issue. To do this, click start--run--tsconfig.msc, double-click RDP-Tcp, change security layer to RDP Security Layer, click ok, then test.

Thanks.

-TP

or this one, from Puryear IT

The Article from Puryear is the one to use for Windows 2012.
      The tsconfig.msc no longer works in Win 2012.

Thanks for you help.

My consultant has a contact a Microsoft and the microsof rep said that there is a known bug that will be fixed in SP1. Bug: If an Administrator creates a new users and checks the box that requires a password reset upon first login then it will not wokr and the user will not be able to login.

Also, our Problem for allow password changes was that a user could not press Ctrl+Alt+Del(or End) to bring up the Change password button.
      We fixed this in on our Default Domain Group Policy by going to:
      Computer-Policies-Windows Settings- Security Settings-Account Policies-Password Policies-Minimum Password Age
      It was set to 1 . When we changed it to 0 (zero) then all users can press Ctrl+Alt+Del (End).

Very weird! It still makes no sense to me, but this is all we changed.

Comment

Originally posted by comuputeruser6754 View Post
        The Article from Puryear is the one to use for Windows 2012.
        The tsconfig.msc no longer works in Win 2012.

Thanks for you help.

My consultant has a contact a Microsoft and the microsof rep said that there is a known bug that will be fixed in SP1. Bug: If an Administrator creates a new users and checks the box that requires a password reset upon first login then it will not wokr and the user will not be able to login.

Also, our Problem for allow password changes was that a user could not press Ctrl+Alt+Del(or End) to bring up the Change password button.
        We fixed this in on our Default Domain Group Policy by going to:
        Computer-Policies-Windows Settings- Security Settings-Account Policies-Password Policies-Minimum Password Age
        It was set to 1 . When we changed it to 0 (zero) then all users can press Ctrl+Alt+Del (End).

Very weird! It still makes no sense to me, but this is all we changed.
        Do you have a link to some documentation for this?

I can find one for 2008 R2 but not 2012

Comment

Working...
        X