Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2012 exchange 2012 backup and restore

G'day All
    I have a dilemma I install and deployed a pair of new servers on site .
    one running exchange 1012 and the other running server 2012 which is DC etc
    I kept getting the local profile issue when logging on to DC server, I am unable to resolve this, I have tried all the fix's from logging on with another profile etc, I am unable to logon with local profile as the OS asked me to do a password reset, then did not accept it. I have also tried MS support but the helpdesk people were unable to resolve it either.
    so question is this
    how can I backup the exchange 2012 and then restore it to the new domain,
    I would normally use outlook client on the workstation then back up user pst file, but the outlook client lost their trust relationship with exchange server.
    any idea's would be very great fully received
    cheers
    rod

Re: server 2012 exchange 2012 backup and restore

Have you looked at Exmerge? We just used it to migrate or users from a Server2003/Exchange 2003 system to Server 2008/Exchange 2010 system. You export the old mail into PSTs on a per-user basis, then mass-import them into mailboxes on the new system, same usernames.

I wasn't the one doing this part of the migration plan so I can't give details, but it worked for mailboxes and public folders as well (meeting room calendars, etc.).

Have a look at 'http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197' and see if this will do what you want. Bear in mind, it's not instantaneous, and the users can't be in their mailboxes during the export. But it may solve your problem.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

[thanx Rick will investigate xmerge further

Comment

investigated cmdlets for exchange 2013 and found "new-mailboxmove" which enable you to create a PST file direct form exchange server.
        So I will be able to backup all user emails demote the DC resolve, resolve user name etc recreate domain and restore user emails to new data base
        cheers
        Rod_oz

Comment

Sounds like a plan.
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X