Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Users

Hi guys, Happy New Year

Just to describe the network environment, I have a single server running windows server 2012 and configured as DC, DHCP, DNS.
    I'm granting permissions for personal shared folders, when searching for Active Directory users only 4 users are not found, while all the others are shown normally.
    Kindly note that all the users are available in the Active Directory Users and Computers Snap-in.

Kindly advice.

Re: Active Directory Users

Hi woudi,

I read your post but I don't see a question. Are you having an issue? If so, can you please describe what it is?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

It sounds like he's saying that when viewed thru ADUC, all users are visible, but searches for users come up short by 4 names.

Woudi, have you compared all the attributes between a user who IS found in the search vs 1 of those 4 who ISN'T found? It sounds like a property isn't set right, somewhere. Or maybe the location in AD for those 4 user objects isn't being searched for some reason.

Pls describe the type of search you're running so we have more to go on.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Hi guys, thank you for the replies,

Sorry Jeremy if I wasn't very clear but as Rickles is saying all the users are visible through ADUC but when I am trying to search for individual users to grant shared permissions, 4 users were not found and I'am asking what could be the reason behind this?
        Rickles, there is no difference between all the users coz I didn't add any additional attribute other than member of a group, and all of them belong to the same group and are in the same OU.
        Thank you guys for the continuous support.
        Last edited by woudi; 3rd January 2014, 10:27.

Comment

What is the search you are doing?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,

I'am searching for users to grant permission for a shared folder.

Thanks & Regards.
            ---------------------

Comment

Yes, but how are you searching? (exact details as there are several ways)
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You know, I had this problem a while back in AD 2003. I was a domain admin, my settings and permissions matched other domain admin, but for some reason, I could never find my name through a remote search. I don't know how it was resolved, unfortunately, as it never bothered me all that much.

Is it possible to put these people in groups and assign permissions that way? Edit: Granted, this doesn't fix your problem, but should expedite getting users connected to their folders.

Comment

Working...
                X