What will be best way to migrate 2003 sbs domain into 2012 standard domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be best way to migrate 2003 sbs domain into 2012 standard domain

Hi, I have a SBS 2003 based domaind and would like to migrate it to a new 2012standard domain . I want to build a new domain from scratch since SBS domain has lot of cinfiguration issues so my question is can I create a second domain on same network also can I make a trust relationship between 2003 SBS and 2012 domain ?

Re: What will be best way to migrate 2003 sbs domain into 2012 standard domain

You can create a second domain easily enough, but SBS will not let you establish trust relationships.

How many users/computers as it may be best to start everything from scratch?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian, thanks for reply i have around 75-80 users and about 50 computers. I am also thinking to start from scratch. My question is can i have second domain on same network also we are using few applications and user use RDP to connect to application servers so how will they be able to RDP from second domain?

Comment

Have you tried adding the 2012 server to the SBS domain and then make it a DC?
        Then you can transfer everything across easily.

It doesn't affect the SBS limitations as the 2012 server will not be a different domain, a parent domain not a child domain, just the same domain.
        Since the 2012 server is not a SBS server, it will not have the limitations of the original SBS server.

Comment

Working...
        X