Adding 2012 server to 2003 domain on same subnet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2012 server to 2003 domain on same subnet

I have a 2003 forest and domain - I have added a 2012 server it is not a domain member. It is a workgroup member - I want to set up a test environment for Remote Desktop Services and tsweb - I have to make the 2012 server a domain controller - I don't want the 2012 server joined to my 2003 domain but I want to use internet on the same subnet as the 2003 server - can I have 2 different forest and domains on the same subnet? I will not setup dhcp on the 2012 server

Re: Adding 2012 server to 2003 domain on same subnet

Yes you can.

Comment

As far I'm concerened having two domains is not a problem and moreover you can go ahead and add them by the ip for the same output.

Have a look at this blog for addition details.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/activedir...rver-2012.aspx

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by smsith181 View Post
        As far I'm concerened having two domains is not a problem and moreover you can go ahead and add them by the ip for the same output.

Have a look at this blog for addition details.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/activedir...rver-2012.aspx

Thanks.
        you can go ahead and add them by the ip for the same output

What does that mean?

Comment

And WTF has the link (about ADPREP) got to do with the question?

Mmmmmm......Spammmmm....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            you can go ahead and add them by the ip for the same output

What does that mean?
            I suppose that the asked question stated " I will not setup dhcp on the 2012 server "
            On this behalf i stated that yes you can and with IP.

Moreover the link given was in accordance to the statement : Dprep runs automatically in windows 2012 & there is no more requirement to run manually on DC with particular FSMO role, as he has concluded the answer.

If a person is technically sound then it can be understood that he is aware of the situation. Its just not like " yes you can"

I suppose the community is to help to guide not the spoon feeding.

If the answer is yes you can then its like this was contibuted by an MVP the above answer for the same question.

Cheers.

Comment

It is still totally unclear what your post has to do with the original request, which was to set up a separate ADforest on the same subnet (technically the only forest as there is a workgroup there at the moment). No ADPREP will be required and the OP has clearly identified that having two separate DHCP servers will cause problems.

I suppose that the asked question stated " I will not setup dhcp on the 2012 server "
              On this behalf i stated that yes you can and with IP.
              Would you care to explain what you mean by this as it still doesn't make sense
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X