RDS opening files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDS opening files

Hi folks, we have users connecting to an RDS server but they cannot open excel files, I have installed excel viewer on the server and the file association is setup correctly, if I log onto the server i can open excel files fine its only the users who have issues, is there anyway I can change this.

Cheers

Re: RDS opening files

Did you put the RDS server into install mode when you installed the Excel viewer? Do the users have permissions to read they files they're opening?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Is it a "run as administrator" issue?
      (i.e. is your account a local admin, but other users aren't?)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes and no,

Comment

Hi there, a wee update, excel viewer works fine with xp users over RDS but will not even show for Win 7 users, xp is 32 bit Win7 is 64bit,

Excel viewer only comes in 32 bit program, is that the reason its not working, is it a case of its not going to work for Win 7 users.

Comment

Now resolved

Comment

Perhaps you might care to share your solution, so if anyone else has the same problem, they can fix it more easily?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Im not quite sure what resolved it, I got a xp user to log onto the win 7 pc and excel viewer was there, then got win 7 user to log onto xp machine and excel viewer was there, then got win 7 user to log back onto there own pc and it was there, very odd. Im wondering if the server was rebooted and nobody has advised me.

Comment

Working...
                X