Upgrade to Windows 2012 R2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Windows 2012 R2?

Someone knows If I can upgrade from 2012 to 2012 R2, I mean no technically but if with my Windows 2012 I'm legible to install R2 or to upgrade a machine to R2.

For once the MAK licence for 2012 doesn't work with 2012 R2.

Thank you
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Upgrade to Windows 2012 R2?

Actually, the key that I was using was invalid, testing again.
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

AFAIK, Windows Server 2012 R2 is a new/different release from Windows Server 2012 (just as Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are new/different releases of Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 200 so I don't see why the Windows Server 2012 product key would work. Because you have a Windows Server 2012 product key doesn't give you upgrade rights to Windows Server 2012 R2.

Comment

Excellent, just what I need to hear.

Tried and failed.

Course, in this case I would like an option to get certain features from R2, Like the start menu for example.

Thank you

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hi

i upgraded with my campus agreement serial number

went just fine and im now running server 2012 r2 as AD

Comment

I've never tried it on Server, but Classic Shell for Windows 8 works very well. It gives you back your start menu and it's free.

Comment

Working...
            X