Storage space problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage space problems

I created a storage pool of four disks - 1 -2TB and the balance 1TB drives. Every day I see a yellow triangle to the left of the volume in server manager telling me I need to do an online error scan. After the scan the yellow triangle goes away. Next day, I repeat the process. Anyone have an idea how to fix this once and for all. I really don't trust this set up with the continued errors.

Re: Storage space problems

Ok I am going to ask for more information here. SO you have all of this set up on a server? What kind of server? Software Raid or Hardware Raid? Is this on a SAN or the Server itself? Gimmie the info!!
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

I am running it on a Windows 2012 server R2. I started with Server 2012 and did a clean install of R2 and reattached my storage pools. This started with the original install so the move to R2 did not cause it. Originally I had the drives in their own esata cabinet and connected via esata. I suspected that was my problem so I moved them and they are now all housed in the same case as the server. The drives are all connected to sata ports on the server motherboard.

I have two storage pools. One is a simple thin provisioned. The other is mirrored and thin provisioned. The mirrored pool is the one with issues. Mirroring is done by the server os.

Comment

Figured it out. Posting a reply in the event someone is searching to solve the same problem. I removed data deduplication on the mirrored drive that had many of my software ISOs. I read somewhere you should not use data deduplication with ISOs.

Comment

Working...
        X