No announcement yet.

WDS image deployment

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDS image deployment

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but lets try.

I have a Windows server 2012 running WDS. I have some images, I use WAIK/DISM to add drivers and Windows updates. Can I with WAIK/DISM add office to my images?

Re: WDS image deployment

Hi, you cannot install applications with DISM. You can create a reference image with Office 2010 installed and then capture the image.

When this is done you can patch the image using DISM
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Okay thanks.

I believe there is an issue with adding WIMs created in Server 2008 R2 into Server 2012. From memory it was with Win 8 and since I haven't created any Win 8 images yet I may have misunderstood the conversation correctly but there is an issues of sorts in that area.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

If you want to install Apps

Install MDT 2012/2010
          Its Free
          Its Tiny
          It allows much better control for deploying images
          its also uses your existing WDS enviroment

MDT would allow you to automate the installation of the application but if you're going to have the application as a base for all installs then capturing an image with the application already installed will save a good bit of time in the deployment as MDT is just automating the process of installing the application during the deployment and not just copying the bits to the new computer.

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond