Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services Resets Its Certificate After Each System Reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services Resets Its Certificate After Each System Reboot

Hi all, I recently installed a clean install of Server 2012 Essentials.
    I have a valid SSL certificate for my domain, and have it installed currently for IIS without any issues. As I once did with SBS 2012 (where I was moving from), I exported my cert out and after installing Remote Desktop services, instructed it to use the same SSL cert I always used.
    This seems to work out until I restart the server itself (e.g. for Windows Updates).
    When I can then access the system again, I have to re-run the config for RDP and then once again tell it to use the new cert. When I do this, it seems to tell IIS to use the server issued cert for port 443....
    I don't understand why this is happening....again it happens after each restart. What is causing this? How do I resolve it permanently?

Re: Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services Resets Its Certificate After Each System Rebo

So the cert works fine when manually setup? i.e. No cert errors and the private keys are accessible?

Ensure NETWORK SERVICE has full control over the Private Keys for the certificate, and also ensure the cert is in the Computer Personal Store and not the User personal store.

Sounds like an Access issue, anything in eventvwr?

Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Re: Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services Resets Its Certificate After Each System Rebo

I actually ended up uninstalling the RDP services and re-installed the gateway piece which resolve the problem.

Now it's just a matter of those hot fixes causing problems :-/

Comment

Cool, least it works now!
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
        X