Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

    Hi,

    We are getting the error "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". The machines are recently connected in domain. When tried with user who is member of administrator, the remote connection is establised otherwise the above error is obtained. Please suggest. The user was added in the "remote desktop" group but still the error persists.

    Regards,
    Anish

  • #2
    Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

    Is the server a DC as well? What role do the Windows 2012 servers have?

    Either local Group Policy or Domain Group Policy will be only adding 'Administrators' to the 'Allow logon Locally' policy or other restrictions.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

      Yes, in our case, it is only default domain group polciy. Added few user's in "Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services". The users added with having administrator privilges were able to logon remotely. Other domain level user are unable to logon remotely even though they were added in the "Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services".


      Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Is the server a DC as well? What role do the Windows 2012 servers have?

      Either local Group Policy or Domain Group Policy will be only adding 'Administrators' to the 'Allow logon Locally' policy or other restrictions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

        You probably need to add the relevant user group(s) to the 'Allow Logon Locally' GPO setting. I was askign what roels were installed as usually a DC will not allow non-administrators to logon even with 'Allow Logon through Remote Desktop' permitted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

          Hi,

          Iam unable to add a user(non-administrator) in the allow logon locally as it is throwing the error "administartor must be granted the logon local right". I have added the same user in the "allow logn through remote desktop services".

          Does that mean for any user(non-administrator) to take remote of any other machine remotely, all user must be administrator.


          Regards,
          Anishk

          "
          Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          You probably need to add the relevant user group(s) to the 'Allow Logon Locally' GPO setting. I was askign what roels were installed as usually a DC will not allow non-administrators to logon even with 'Allow Logon through Remote Desktop' permitted.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

            Have you been adding a group?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

              Hi,

              No, we have not added any group to "Allow logon locally".


              Originally posted by Virtual View Post
              Have you been adding a group?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

                So as it stands, only Administrators appear there? What roles does the server have?

                Also, just read your subject title. Can you let us know what you need to do as logon interactivelt rights is for when you are physically at the server or using its console session as oppose to a Remote Session where you also need the Allow Logon Locally to be permitted usually via adding a relevant AD Group to that GPO setting.
                Last edited by Virtual; 6th June 2013, 11:29.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: the local policy of this computer logon interactively domain- rdp

                  Hi,

                  We only require that if we connect x number of computers in domain environment, the domain users(non-admin) should be able to take other machines remotely from the machine they are working all in within that domain. But, in our case, this is not working. Only when domain users are added in the administrator group, they are able to take remote of other machine.


                  Regards,
                  Anish


                  Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                  So as it stands, only Administrators appear there? What roles does the server have?

                  Also, just read your subject title. Can you let us know what you need to do as logon interactivelt rights is for when you are physically at the server or using its console session as oppose to a Remote Session where you also need the Allow Logon Locally to be permitted usually via adding a relevant AD Group to that GPO setting.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X