Offline Win 2012 password reset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Win 2012 password reset

Is there any boot .ISO that will allow me to reset the unknown local admin's password so I can re-join it to my domain? I have tried the one for NT & 2008 but it's not working for this version.

Re: Offline Win 2012 password reset

Originally posted by DHassel View Post
    Is there any boot .ISO that will allow me to reset the unknown local admin's password so I can re-join it to my domain? I have tried the one for NT & 2008 but it's not working for this version.
    i have used a couple with success. this one is decent, although not a pretty gui to deal with. if you dont mind a cmd prompt, it works fine:

Reset Windows XP, Vista, 7 Password Using USB Drive or CD

there is always the old skool standby Ophcrack, but the only thing is its a big file. you can accomplish the same thing with much smaller and simpler programs.

there is also this one:
    FREE Windows Password Recovery

so there are plenty of options. let us know what you have tried and if they fail (they all work, i have tried them all, trust me!) we'll help you further...
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Offline Win 2012 password reset

I normally recommend Petter Nordahl's offline disk (it uses CHNTPWD) however, I tried it on a win8 laptop recently and didn't have much luck. I suspect due to UEFI in some way (which I really should learn about)

YMMV with server 2012.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X