W3SCV service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W3SCV service

I am trying to install Exchange 2010 on a 2012 server, but I get this error:

Client Access Role Prerequisites
    Failed
    Error:
    The World Wide Web (W3SVC) service is either disabled or not installed on this computer. You must exit Setup, install the required component, then restart the Setup process.
    Recommended Action: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=30939&l=en&v=ExBPA.4&id=9eeaa77f-4d46-4d9a-9c36-f262a075392b
    Elapsed Time: 00:00:03

Mailbox Role Prerequisites
    Failed
    Error:
    The World Wide Web (W3SVC) service is either disabled or not installed on this computer. You must exit Setup, install the required component, then restart the Setup process.
    Recommended Action: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=30939&l=en&v=ExBPA.4&id=9eeaa77f-4d46-4d9a-9c36-f262a075392b
    Warning:
    If Microsoft Outlook 2003 is in use, you should replicate the free/busy folder on this server to every other free/busy server in the organization. This step should be performed once Setup completes.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:03

How do I install the World Wide Web service?

Re: W3SCV service

Is the web server role installed?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Two things:

1. Is this a serious question? If you're unsure of how to install the Exchange Server 2010 prerequisites then maybe you shouldn't be taking on the job of installing Exchange. It may be better left to someone with experience installing Exchange.

2. If you have the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installation media there's a checkbox during the install to enable installing all of the prerequisites automatically.

Comment

I got the W3SCV service instralled and startet and installation finished. But when I start the Exchange management console all data is unavailable?

Comment

Working...
        X