Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Install AD DS , DNS , DHCP.

Hey Everyone,

I install Windows Server 2012 On A new physical Computer.
    When the OS(WS2012) is up and running
    I connect with Administrator and go to
    Local Area Connection and create a Static IP
    after click propertis and change the name of the server to DC1
    and my computer come back after restart, and then
    I keep and go to manage and install the AD DS(forest) Called Gol.localhost,
    After install, I install the DNS too and DHCP.
    When i try to join my Client That running Windows 7 Professional to the domain Gol.localhost
    Thats Say:the following error occurred attempting to join the domain
    an attempt to resolve the dns name of a dc in the domain being joined has failed

Can Someone here have a solution?

Thanks,
    swimeX

Re: After Install AD DS , DNS , DHCP.

What DNS servers is the client using -- make sure it can resolve the new DC by name (DC1) and FQDN (dc1.gol.localhost) as well as by IP

Also confirm you have not just installed the ADDS role but have also promoted DC1 to a domain controller?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

have ping dns to DC1, i think i know what the problom is i open the DNS console in DC1 and i go to Forward Lookup zone tab and its Empty not reconize my comp and no such file inside did you know how can i fix it?

thanks
      swimeX

Comment

Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL from both the server and the client?

Can you confirm the server is actually a DC (NOT just with the AD-DS role installed)?

Can you confirm the client is correctly registered in DHCP?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Turn off Windows Firewall on Domain Controller and try to rejoin the client

Comment

within the DNS console on the AD server, can you see all the relevant AD entries? things like _msdcs ?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Now Everything work great, i just format and start from the begining.

AD DS,DNS, DHCP,

Btw: iSCSI role - i just install the role and make an disks and i delete the disk after 3 mins because i dont need the File And iSCSI services role and i cannot remove the role there is an Error Says i need to Ensure Every Share Files are removed.
              how i can make sure they are really removed? where im wrong?
              i just want to remove this role.

Thanks,

Comment

Follow instructions -- check there are no shares that think they live on the iSCSI drive
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X