Server 2012 trust relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2012 trust relationship

Can anyone tell me how, if possible, to create a trust relationship between a Server outside of the domain and the domain controller such that the non domain machine can use domain user accounts.

The whole scenario is all on one physical machine, with a Hyper-V host partition running the domain controller virtual machine. I need to create a share on a different drive from the hyper-v host to be available from within the domain controller VM. This means that I need for the hyper-v host to be able to see and use user accounts on the domain controller.

Can I setup a trust relationship which will allow this?

Re: Server 2012 trust relationship

As I stated over on SF, the better solution would be to add another VHD to the VM and configure WSUS to store the updates on the new VHD.

You're making it infiniltely more difficult by trying to store the WSUS updates on a non-domain joined server.

Comment

There is clearly more to this than originally posted (where does WSUS come into it?) so perhaps Nick_C could explain a bit more clearly, or even link to the thread Joe refers to
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        As I stated over on SF, the better solution would be to add another VHD to the VM and configure WSUS to store the updates on the new VHD.

You're making it infiniltely more difficult by trying to store the WSUS updates on a non-domain joined server.
        Yep, clearly what I am trying to do is not the right way. I am maybe approaching the problem from a traditional viewpoint rather than from a virtualised viewpoint.

Thanks

Comment

Glad to help...

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            There is clearly more to this than originally posted (where does WSUS come into it?) so perhaps Nick_C could explain a bit more clearly, or even link to the thread Joe refers to
            Actually a couple of threads:
            Sorry can't post this apparently - "You are only allowed to post URL's to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more"

I think this has more to do with me not using virtualisation as it was intended and trying to do things the old and trusted way, which may not be the best way in a virtual world.

I was originally trying to keep the question here simple and not taint it with the whole reasoning behind it.

Comment

Working...
            X