Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing windows server 2012 R2

Hello All:

I have run into a problem when I am attempting to install Windows Server 2012 R2, when I get to the page where you select the partition on which to install windows, I select Drive 0, partition 1, I then get the following error message:

We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one, for more information see the setup log file

How do I get rid of this message and install the OS?

Thanks in advance for all replies, Al

Can you give us a bit more information about your setup:
    What hardware (specifically drive controller and drive configuration)?
    Partition size and type?

I have seen similar errors where either you are going over the c. 2Tb limit for MBT partitions or where you are installing on a dynamic drive
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian:

It is a sata drive connected to port 0, it is a western digital drive, WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0, it is not a dynamic drive, Allen

Comment

Does the OS support your drive controller?
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Yes, it does, however, I was finally to install it, thanks for the response, Allen

Comment

To help others in the future, would you mind giving some feedback on what the issue was, and how you resolved it?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian:

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how I got it to install because I did not write down what I did to install it, sorry about that, Allen

Comment

Working...
              X