X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server 2012 r2 datacenter Internet connection issues

Hi everyone

I have hyper-v installed on my pc.

One External Virtual network switch and Two Virtual machine installed 1: Windows 8.1 and another one is Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter.

On both Virtual machines I have choose as network adapter External Virtual Network Switch.

My issue is on Virtual Machine installed Windows 8.1 work perfect pinging and open website example google.com but on Virtual Machine with Windows Server 2012 R2 i can ping for example google.com but i cant open any websites or do windows update or anything.

If anyone can help me with this issues I will really appreciate.

IPCONFIG /ALL from both please, as the normal cause of such issues is some basic connectivity

Does the host connect OK?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian yes everything looks good in ipconfing also host is connected ok.

As i mention above i can ping google.com but i can not browse that.

Windows is fresh install also it's which means it not cause of any viruse.

It looks that it is any Security GP by default that is preventing from having access to external network.

Thanks in advance

Comment

If ping works but page navigation doesn't, are you sure about your DNS settings on the Server 2012R2 box? Also, is IE Enhanced Security turned on? That'll block general web browsing from the server. To check/change it, open Server Mgr and see that named item down the right-hand side of one of the functional areas.
        *RicklesP*
        MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X