• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find registry key in GPO

Hi,

Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
    CliŽnts: Windows 10 Pro
    Office version: 2016

I'm want to change the location where the deleted items of a shared mailbox are saved. According to several websites i can do this bij creating a DWORD value in the following registry key;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Ou tlook\Options\General

Locally on the workstations i can find this key, but i want to create a GPO that creates the value on every computer in the domain. When i create a GPO and edit it, i cannot find the registry key for Office anywhere.

It only goes as far as HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ and then no Office exists. Also in the HKEY_Local_Machine i cannot find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Does the computer where you are editing the GPO have office installed - if not, the path wont exist (on that computer)
    Install GPMC and GPEdit on a computer with the correct version(s) of Office
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Or you can use the Registry wizard to navigate to a PC with Office already installed and a user logged on, and pick up the value from there.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Browsing the registry is to make it easier but you can just type in the key path. So if you're looking for a setting that is only on the workstations, you can just type in the path, set the type and value and it will apply correctly, even if you don't see the key on the local computer where you're doing the configuration.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X