Need Help with generic FTP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with generic FTP

We need to have a folder that is able to have a user write to the folder but not see the files after they have uploaded to the folder (blind drop). I am using Windows server 2012 R2. This was setup before however something has caused the permissions to fall off and now we cant seem to figure out how they were set prior. We use a generic account for FTP and need the account to only be able to drop files but not view the file after it has been dropped.

Haven't had the need to do this myself but the fine people at the TechNet Forums have so sit back, grab your mouse, click the link and have a read.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am thinking that I need to have the correct share and NTFS permissions applied in order to get this to work. Just not confident on the correct combo.

Comment

SOLVED ---I was able to get this fixed by enabling Access-based Enumeration on the share. Permissions are set to List/folder, Read Attributes, create files/write data, create folders/append data

Comment

I have problem same you. But I can't fix it

Comment

WHat have you tried, and what errors have you had?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X