Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to retrieve data from Excel-OLAP

Hi, I run this command from the windows cmd :

runas.exe /user:UMROUTE\aigini.navaneethan /netonly “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\EXCEL.EXE”

This is to extract data to Microsoft Excel on my laptop (running Windows 10), from the data in the database in a remote server (Windows Server 2012).

I open the OLAP dialog box from Microsoft Excel on my laptop by going to Data > From Other Sources > From Analysis Services.
    See attached image for the OLAP dialog box.

I fill up the section Server Name with : RemoteServerIP\DBName. Then for the section "Logon Credentials", I use the second option which is
    'Use the following UserName and Password' :

User Name : UMROUTE\aigini.navaneethan
    Password : Mydomainpassword

This is the error I get when I logon with the credentials above :

Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source

However, when I logon to a different Windows server and perform the same steps above, I do not have this problem.

How do I resolve this error?
    OLAP dialog box

Since you are providing credentials in Excel to access the data source, why are you using RUNAS to run Excel under different credentials?
    I would try running Excel as yourself and then accessing the data as you do above

What version of Excel?
    WHat is the database software?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X